News Articles

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Worldwide mobile broadband sales up 55% last year

Market research firm Infonetics Research has published a report detailing the sales of W-CDMA/HSPA, CDMA2000/EV-DO, TD-SCDMA, and LTE mobile broadband equipment. It says the recession resulted in fourth-quarter sales being lower than expected but, despite this, sales figures from plug-in and embedded mobile broadband equipment were up 55% in 2009 compared to 2008. The total value of mobile broadband kit was $6.4 billion worldwide, while the number of mobile broadband subscribers overtook the number of fixed DSL subscribers. A total of 1.5 billion mobile broadband customers are expected worldwide by in 2014.

Mobile broadband PC cards, including USB dongles, accounted for 74% of total mobile broadband card revenue in 2009. Embedded mobile broadband cards on PCs, netbooks, and mobile internet devices made up the remaining 26%.

Print
Author: The Fonecast
0 Comments
Rate this article:
No rating

Categories: NewsNumber of views: 722

Tags: researchbroadband

Leave a comment

Name:
Email:
Comment:
CAPTCHA image
Enter the code shown above in the box below.
Add comment

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message:
x

Follow thefonecast.com

Twitter @TheFonecast RSS podcast feed
Find us on Facebook Subscribe free via iTunes

Archive Calendar

«June 2017»
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
2930311234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293012
3456789

Archive

Terms Of Use | Privacy Statement