Last week's IQ2010 event in London saw the UK appearance of Qualcomm's Snapdragon Mobile Development Platform (MDP). This is a Qualcomm-branded mobile phone that'll be available to buy later this year, either with the Android OS or with the Brew Mobile Platform.
The first Snapdragon MDP is based on Qualcomm's 1GHz MSM8655 chipset and features:
• 3.8-inch WVGA multi-touch capacitive touchscreen display
• Adreno 205 graphics processing unit (GPU)
• Dual cameras including 12-megapixel main camera
• Embedded accelerometer and gyroscope
• 16mm stereo loudspeakers and 512MB of RAM
BSQUARE Corporation will be selling, distributing and supporting the Snapdragon MDP; it sells for $995.00. A second-generation Snapdragon MDP based on the dual-core MSM8660 chipset is expected in the first half of 2011.
Mark Bridge talked to Tia Cassett, senior director of business development at Qualcomm, about the Qualcomm MDP at IQ2010; the interview is included in this week's podcast.