T-Mobile and Orange are working together in the UK through Everything Everywhere… and now the parent companies are looking to cooperate elsewhere. Deutsche Telekom and France Telecom-Orange have arranged talks to discuss the possibility of working together in the following areas:
• radio access network sharing in Europe
• improving WiFi user experience while roaming
• equipment standardization
• Machine-to-Machine (M2M) standards and quality of service for cross-border services
• a set of new growth business development domains: technical cooperation on home media servers, development of cross border eHealth services, connected cars technology and in-car infotainment services, content and technical enablers for TV and video services.
They’ve already created a machine-to-machine cooperation agreement covering France, Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg and a joint project looking at improving the WiFi user experience while roaming.
Elie Girard, Executive Vice President Strategy and Development of France Telecom-Orange, said “With this collaboration, our two groups will be able to address new growth opportunities as well as operational efficiency issues in a limited and targeted set of business domains for the benefits of our respective customers, while maintaining our individual strategies.”