News Articles

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mobile healthcare is expected to be worth £7.6 billion by 2018

A new report from healthcare industry analysts GlobalData forecasts that the value of the global mobile health (m-Health) market will grow from $1.2 billion last year to $11.8 billion (£7.6 billion) by 2018, the equivalent of 39% growth every year.

mHealth, which involves the use of mobile applications and devices to monitor a patient’s health remotely, is growing as the adoption of smartphones and tablets increases.

GlobalData’s study says most of the mHealth market is taken up by software and services, which account for 80% of the total. Hardware makes up 12% of the market, with network and connectivity accounting for the remaining 8%. Around 70% of current healthcare apps are consumer-focused, while the remaining 30% are designed for medical professionals.

[Report]

Print
Author: The Fonecast
0 Comments
Rate this article:
No rating

Categories: Applications, NewsNumber of views: 1022

Tags: researchapplicationshealth

Leave a comment

Name:
Email:
Comment:
CAPTCHA image
Enter the code shown above in the box below.
Add comment

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message:
x

Follow thefonecast.com

Twitter @TheFonecast RSS podcast feed
Find us on Facebook Subscribe free via iTunes

Archive Calendar

«September 2016»
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
2930311234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293012
3456789

Archive

Terms Of Use | Privacy Statement