Juniper Research has published its predictions for technology industries next year. This detailed list of ten top tech trends for 2014 is available to download from the company’s website.
At the top of the list is a prediction that cities will ‘get smarter’ during the next 12 months, anticipating that the high-profile smart technology testbeds of Singapore, Barcelona and Nice will be joined by many other cities next year.
The top ten topics are:
1. 2014: When Cities Get Smarter
2. mAgri to Build on mPayment Success in Developing Markets
3. The Watershed Year for Wearables
4. iPads & Tablets Flourish in Educational Settings
5. Mobile Fitness Devices Diversify into mHealth Arenas
6. Global 4G LTE Subscribers to double in 2014, as 4G LTE-Advanced roll out increases
7. Context Awareness in Mobile Computing Gathers Pace
8. Disruption in the Home Gaming Market
9. The Cloud Becomes Personal
10. 3D Printer Shipments to Surge
|We’ll be revealing our own predictions for 2014 in a couple of weeks’ time. There’ll also be a look back at last year’s predictions to see how well we did. You can listen to the podcast via the built-in audio player on our website or by downloading the MP3 file.