Ofcom has published its annual plan for the 12 months starting tomorrow, 1st April 2010. Its aims for the mobile industry are largely unchanged from the draft version published in December 2009. These include:
- making progress on mobile phone 'not-spots',
- ensuring consumers can switch communication providers by removing unnecessary barriers,
- starting to clear the 800MHz band for new services,
- preparing to release spectrum for mobile broadband, and
- ensuring wireless services for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games will be delivered.
In The Fonecast this week we're covering everything from smart meters to insecure proxy servers. There's also good news for mobile gamers, good news for old phones... and good news for anyone who's fed up with SMS spam.