Categories
Close
Menu
Menu
Close
Search
Search

Featured Articles

News

The next Bambuser Challenge heads to New York City

Mark

Share:

Print

Rate article:

No rating
Rate this article:
No rating

Hans Eriksson, Executive Chairman of live mobile broadcasting service Bambuser, is following the success of his non-stop video streaming adventure in London with a trip to New York.

Next Tuesday (1st November) Hans will be walking the the streets of New York for 24 hours, broadcasting all he sees and hears live onto the web from his mobile phone. As with the London trip last month, his route and the places he’ll visit will be chosen by his online audience via the Bambuser chat feature.

Hans said “Technically, this represents a big step into unchartered waters. In a city where the 3G and WiFi networks never sleep, no-one has tried this before – broadcasting live for 24 hours while moving around the streets of New York. It’ll be interesting to see how New Yorkers take to this alien arriving on their doorsteps, asking to be guided to the best that the city offers.”

The New York Challenge coincides with launch of Bambuser’s off-line recording service. It means that customers will be able to use Bambuser when they don’t have an internet connection or don’t want to broadcast live. Video clips can be pre-loaded to be broadcast at a time and venue that’s more convenient to users.

Over 10,000 unique viewers from 25 countries watched Hans as he travelled around London in September.

We spoke to Hans Eriksson in London just before he set off on his first challenge. You can listen to the full interview on our website, via iTunes or by downloading the MP3 file.

Comments

Collapse Expand Comments (0)
You don't have permission to post comments.

Opinion Articles

ExclusiveReview: BeeWi BBS020 solar-powered hands-free Bluetooth car kit

Mark Bridge writes:

Persuading mobile phone users not to hold their phone when they’re driving should be a simple task. It’s dangerous, it’s against the law and the penalties include a fine plus points on your licence.

But even then, there’s often an excuse about convenience and usability. Some people don’t like wearing headsets, some don’t like wires and some simply forget to charge the batteries.

That’s why a new hands-free Bluetooth loudspeaker from French company BeeWi caught my eye.

ExclusiveThe simple case of the disguised iPhone 4

Mark Bridge writes:

I remember the launch of Carweek back in the 1990s. It was a motoring magazine produced as a weekly glossy newspaper; a novel format, although one that probably led to its demise. 'Spy shots' of prototype cars seemed then – as now – to be much sought-after, despite them often not showing much resemblance to the finished product. Indeed, I often wondered how you could possibly road-test the handling of a new car when it was covered with unflattering body parts that served to disguise its shape.

ExclusiveMaria Sharapova and the 'geek porn' of unboxing

Mark Bridge writes:

'Unboxing' is - or was - the new geek porn. We know this because The Register told us so in 2006, when the practice of video recording the unpacking of new consumer electronics products started to become popular. Just over two years later The Independent tried to tell us that unboxing was still the new geek porn but, by then, conventional porn had probably returned to... er... pole position.

Why do I mention this?  Well, Sony Ericsson has just published its own unboxing video featuring tennis player, model, charity worker and Sony Ericsson brand ambassador Maria Sharapova.

ExclusiveAn extra 74 percent of nothing is still nothing

Mark Bridge writes

Ah, the joys of multiplying by zero. I was reminded of my school maths lessons when I saw a news release from Orange UK this week.

Steve Wallage, Head of Sport Partnerships and Services for Orange UK was quoted as saying “Based on the surge in demand for mobile TV during the Ashes last summer, we expect viewing figures could rocket by at least 74% during the World Cup”.

RSS
First9495969799101102103Last

Recent Podcasts

ExclusivePodcast from Mobile World Congress 2015

Mark Bridge learns about the mobile technology trends at Mobile World Congress 2015 by chatting to James Rosewell of 51Degrees, Dr Kevin Curran from the IEEE and Chris Millington of Doro.

They talk about wearable devices, wireless charging, mobile operating systems and much more... including some of their favourite products from the exhibition.

ExclusiveLooking back at February: from security scares to multiple MVNOs

We're taking a look back at the biggest mobile industry news stories from February 2015, including allegations that the UK's security service tried to breach SIM card security by hacking into one of the world's biggest SIM producers.

We also talk about the planned BT and EE merger, the creation of two new UK virtual networks, some acquisitions in the mobile payment arena and a new Ubuntu smartphone.

ExclusiveA month of mobile: O2 counts on 3, Microsoft counts to 10 and Apple counts its profits

We're back with a month of mobile industry news, including takeover talks and takeover rumours. O2 and Three are said to be discussing a merger... but is there any truth in the suggestions that BlackBerry could be up for grabs?

We also discuss Apple's record-breaking quarterly figures, the highlights of CES and the launch of Microsoft Windows 10, as well as saying farewell to the current version of Google Glass.

RSS
12345678910Last

Follow thefonecast.com

Archive Calendar

«May 2026»
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
27282930123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
1234567

Archive