Vodafone's financial results for the first half of the current financial year show group revenue up 3.9% year-on-year to £22.6 billion, with adjusted operating profit up by 2.7% to £6.1 billion.
The company also unveiled a new strategy with the aim of "creating a more valuable Vodafone". Its growth strategy will be focused on Europe, Africa and India in the following areas:
• Mobile data: accelerate exploitation of mobile data growth opportunity
• Enterprise: selective expansion in growth segments
• Emerging markets: drive penetration and data across attractive footprint
• Total Communications in Europe: continued capital efficient approach
• New services: growth opportunities including machine-to-machine and financial services
In addition, the company will:
• continue to drive benefits from the Group’s scale advantage and cost focus
• seek to generate free cash flow or liquidity from non-controlled assets and investments (building on today's SoftBank announcement)
• ensure that any investment and corporate activity will enhance shareholder returns.