Mark Bridge writes:
Almost everyone with a smartphone, a tablet or a laptop computer uses WiFi.
In this presentation, which was originally given as part of the ‘Multimedia Content Delivery onto Mobile Platforms’ session at Mobile World Congress 2014, Professor Andrew Nix from the University of Bristol explains many of the often-forgotten truths about WiFi service.
If you’re an IT manager, working in a mobile phone shop, looking at tech product design or simply want to get the most from your mobile phone, Professor Nix has plenty of practical advice in this 20-minute video clip.
Topics covered by Andrew Nix include:
- interference from microwave ovens, baby monitors and TV senders
- the built-in antennas used by mobile and tablet devices
- how home furnishings can make a significant difference to WiFi reception
- streaming live video at home
- how WiFi performance is analysed
- current and future WiFi standards
[YouTube: Next generation WiFi: future devices and challenges]