News Articles

Friday, July 24, 2020

Apple commits to being 100 percent carbon neutral for supply chain and products within 10 years

Tech manufacturer Apple says it's planning to be 100% carbon neutral for its supply chain and products by 2030. That's 20 years sooner than targets set by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

The company is already carbon neutral for its global corporate operations but this new commitment would extend the commitment to cover manufacturing and the product life cycle as well.

Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, said "Businesses have a profound opportunity to help build a more sustainable future, one born of our common concern for the planet we share. The innovations powering our environmental journey are not only good for the planet - they've helped us make our products more energy efficient and bring new sources of clean energy online around the world. Climate action can be the foundation for a new era of innovative potential, job creation, and durable economic growth. With our commitment to carbon neutrality, we hope to be a ripple in the pond that creates a much larger change."

Apple's plans involve a 75% reduction in emissions by 2030 and developing carbon removal solutions for the remaining 25% of its carbon footprint.
Print
Author: The Fonecast
0 Comments
Rate this article:
No rating

Categories: Handsets and manufacturers, NewsNumber of views: 885

Tags: apple environment recycling

Leave a comment

Name:
Email:
Comment:
Add comment

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message:
x

Follow thefonecast.com

Twitter @TheFonecast RSS podcast feed
Find us on Facebook Subscribe free via iTunes

Archive Calendar

«August 2020»
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
272829303112
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31123456

Archive

Terms Of Use | Privacy Statement