News Articles

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ads in Apple iPhone apps could cost a million dollars

Advertising on Apple's new iAd advertising platform, which lets companies advertise inside some iPhone and iPad applications, could end up costing approaching $1 million for a campaign. That's what the Wall Street Journal says, reporting that Apple plans to charge advertisers one cent each time a consumer sees a banner advertisement plus $2 when the user clicks on the ad. Fees could be considerably higher for the first few advertisers when the service launches this summer. Application developers will receive 60% of the ad revenue, with Apple receiving the remaining 40%.

Around 85 million iPhone and iPod Touch devices have been sold to date.

Print
Author: The Fonecast
0 Comments
Rate this article:
No rating

Categories: NewsNumber of views: 1227

Tags:

Leave a comment

This form collects your name, email, IP address and content so that we can keep track of the comments placed on the website. For more info check our Privacy Policy and Terms Of Use where you will get more info on where, how and why we store your data.
Add comment

Follow thefonecast.com

Twitter @TheFonecast RSS podcast feed
Find us on Facebook Subscribe free via iTunes

Archive Calendar

«December 2023»
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
27282930123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
1234567

Archive

Terms Of Use | Privacy Statement