Categories
Close
Menu
Menu
Close
Search
Search

Featured Articles

News

Mobile phone recycling business Cash4phones has filed for insolvency

Mark

Share:

Print

Rate article:

No rating
Rate this article:
No rating

UK mobile phone recycling business Cash4phones has filed for insolvency, according to a report by The Guardian. The company website is currently offline.

Around a thousand people are thought to be out of pocket, having apparently sent their old phones to the company but not received payment. Capital Books, which has been appointed to liquidate the company, is reported as saying it’s been handed 750 mobile phones.

Cash4phones was investigated by the BBC’s Watchdog programme last year after a number of customers complained that the company wasn’t honouring its quoted prices when it received a second-hand phone. An iPhone checked by mobile phone specialists and then submitted by the programme was initially said to be worth £105.52 but was only valued at £42.20 when received. When approached by the BBC, Cash4phones said a trainee had marked the handset as having ‘excessive wear and tear’.

[Insolvency details from London Gazette]

Image

Comments

Collapse Expand Comments (1)
Robert William

The company have to pay the amount that they declared to pay their customer, if their financial situations is very poor they can apply for insolvency and contact an experience insolvency company like Insolvency Guardian to overcome this condition.

1
0
You don't have permission to post comments.

Opinion Articles

ExclusiveT-Mobile and Orange isn't a big deal

Mark Bridge writes:

It’s the telecoms industry deal of the year. T-Mobile and Orange form a joint venture. The UK’s "big five" networks (or "big four", depending on your predilection for Hutchison 3G UK) will now be a "big four" (or "big three", if you don’t include 3. Confused yet?)

Everyone has an opinion. On Tuesday I was asked for mine.

ExclusiveHere’s one for the laydeez

Mark Bridge writes:

Once upon a time, I’d probably have described myself as a feminist. These days I probably wouldn’t. Not because my opinions have changed, just because I’ve realised there are a lot of women who’d argue that I can’t be a feminist because of my male undercarriage. And me, by birth and possibly by education, therefore being part of the problem – not part of the solution.

Right, disclaimer over. I’ll get to the point. You want a mobile phone that’ll appeal to men...

ExclusiveMobile phones cause brain tumours?

Mark Bridge writes:

Mobile phones fry your brain. That’s been a warning from some people pretty much since the first cellphones appeared. And although the mobile phone industry has changed and the technology has advanced, the warnings haven’t gone away.

Ten years ago, the Independent Expert Group on Mobile Phones was set up to look at concerns about the possible health effects from the use of mobile phones, base stations and transmitters.

ExclusiveEnthusiasm is my enemy!

Mark Bridge writes:

Enthusiasm is one of the great intangible powers of the world. It’s attractive, it’s compelling and sometimes it’s dangerous. And – yes, I’m going to try to keep this relevant – it sells mobile phones.

I was reminded of this the other day when I read a Sunday Times article about Apple’s Steve Jobs.

ExclusiveA Blyk day

Mark Bridge writes:

Marketing, not unlike football, is a funny old game. I don’t claim to be an expert in either… but every so often something happens that starts sowing the seeds of doubt in my mind. And no, I’m not thinking about Liverpool's penalty claims in Sunday’s game at Tottenham. I’m thinking about Blyk.

Here at The Fonecast, we like Blyk. They shook up the industry and worried some of the big names when they arrived with their youth-focussed virtual mobile network two years ago. We interviewed their MD Shaun Gregory in May last year. And now they’re quitting the MVNO game in favour of arranging advertising deals for networks.

RSS
First107108109110111112114116

Recent Podcasts

ExclusivePodcast from Mobile World Congress 2015

Mark Bridge learns about the mobile technology trends at Mobile World Congress 2015 by chatting to James Rosewell of 51Degrees, Dr Kevin Curran from the IEEE and Chris Millington of Doro.

They talk about wearable devices, wireless charging, mobile operating systems and much more... including some of their favourite products from the exhibition.

ExclusiveLooking back at February: from security scares to multiple MVNOs

We're taking a look back at the biggest mobile industry news stories from February 2015, including allegations that the UK's security service tried to breach SIM card security by hacking into one of the world's biggest SIM producers.

We also talk about the planned BT and EE merger, the creation of two new UK virtual networks, some acquisitions in the mobile payment arena and a new Ubuntu smartphone.

ExclusiveA month of mobile: O2 counts on 3, Microsoft counts to 10 and Apple counts its profits

We're back with a month of mobile industry news, including takeover talks and takeover rumours. O2 and Three are said to be discussing a merger... but is there any truth in the suggestions that BlackBerry could be up for grabs?

We also discuss Apple's record-breaking quarterly figures, the highlights of CES and the launch of Microsoft Windows 10, as well as saying farewell to the current version of Google Glass.

RSS
12345678910Last

Follow thefonecast.com

Archive Calendar

«May 2026»
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
27282930123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
1234567

Archive