Categories
Close
Menu
Menu
Close
Search
Search

Featured Articles

News

Mazuma Mobile announces partnership to delete data securely from recycled phones

Mark

Share:

Print

Rate article:

5.0
Rate this article:
5.0

Mazuma MobileUK mobile phone recycling business Mazuma Mobile has announced a partnership deal with BlackBelt SmartPhone Defence. The two companies are working together to find secure and effective ways to completely wipe old information from recycled devices.

Charlo Carabott, CEO of Mazuma Mobile, said “We have always taken consumer data protection seriously; Mazuma created the industry’s first data deletion tool back in 2007 for customers to use before recycling their old handsets. But nowadays more and more consumers depend heavily on their smartphones, often using it to store sensitive personal data, meaning we simply need to raise the bar and anticipate evolving technology. Working with smartphone security experts BlackBelt gives us complete confidence that we can continue to help our customers protect their personal information when they recycle their handset or tablet with Mazuma Mobile.”

The Mazuma Mobile and BlackBelt collaboration will be rolled out over the next few months.

Comments

Collapse Expand Comments (0)
You don't have permission to post comments.

Opinion Articles

ExclusiveThe PlayStation mobile has arrived... among others

Xperia Play

Xperia Play

James Rosewell writes:

Tonight Sony Ericsson announced an impressive four new Xperia handsets based on the Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system and the Bravia graphics engine more commonly found in TVs. I got hands-on with the much anticipated Play, and its 3 siblings Neo, Pro and Arc. Here's what I thought.

ExclusiveNokia - a burning platform or a red-hot hoax?

Mark Bridge writes:

On Friday morning, Nokia is hosting a Strategy and Financial Briefing in London. And on Sunday evening, it’s holding a press briefing in Barcelona. CEO Stephen Elop is expected to make some significant changes to the company - but what will he say?

ExclusiveThis week at The Fonecast: 6th February 2011

Mark Bridge writes:

Last year, mobile payments seemed a lifetime away. Even Visa Europe's head of mobile wasn't overly optimistic about the likelihood of the 'mobile wallet' becoming a reality in the short-term.

This week we have not one, not two, but three mobile payment announcements.

RSS
First8182838486888990Last

Recent Podcasts

ExclusivePodcast from Mobile World Congress 2015

Mark Bridge learns about the mobile technology trends at Mobile World Congress 2015 by chatting to James Rosewell of 51Degrees, Dr Kevin Curran from the IEEE and Chris Millington of Doro.

They talk about wearable devices, wireless charging, mobile operating systems and much more... including some of their favourite products from the exhibition.

ExclusiveLooking back at February: from security scares to multiple MVNOs

We're taking a look back at the biggest mobile industry news stories from February 2015, including allegations that the UK's security service tried to breach SIM card security by hacking into one of the world's biggest SIM producers.

We also talk about the planned BT and EE merger, the creation of two new UK virtual networks, some acquisitions in the mobile payment arena and a new Ubuntu smartphone.

ExclusiveA month of mobile: O2 counts on 3, Microsoft counts to 10 and Apple counts its profits

We're back with a month of mobile industry news, including takeover talks and takeover rumours. O2 and Three are said to be discussing a merger... but is there any truth in the suggestions that BlackBerry could be up for grabs?

We also discuss Apple's record-breaking quarterly figures, the highlights of CES and the launch of Microsoft Windows 10, as well as saying farewell to the current version of Google Glass.

RSS
12345678910Last

Follow thefonecast.com

Archive Calendar

«May 2026»
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
27282930123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
1234567

Archive