Categories
Close
Menu
Menu
Close
Search
Search

Featured Articles

News

Over 90,000 private Snapchat photos have been leaked online via third-party site

Mark

Images apparently leaked via Snapsaved.com, not from SnapChat

Share:

Print

Rate article:

No rating
Rate this article:
No rating

More than 90,000 private photographs sent via the Snapchat picture messaging service have been leaked online. The images have apparently been obtained by breaching third-party site Snapsaved.com and not from Snapchat itself.

Snapchat offers a free messaging service with users able to send a message that disappears after ten seconds. However, Snapsaved.com enabled Snapchat images to be saved permanently.

The breach is particularly concerning because most Snapchat users are teenagers - and the service has a reputation for being used when sharing intimate images.

Nicknamed ‘the Snappening’ by some people, this breach is the latest in a series of online hacking incidents that have revealed personal photos.

Snapsaved says 500MB of images have been taken from its servers. It has now closed the site.

[Snapsaved announcement via Facebook; Channel 4 News; The Daily Beast]

Comments

Collapse Expand Comments (1)
scallywag

What's of contention is where the files originated from with an anonymous pastebin user now saying that a snapsaved administrator provided the files after uploading to an unintended site, claims that are being contested. Nevertheless another pastebin user this afternoon has offered to sell a cache of files containing the contents of the server in question, based on timestamps and other data, and includes 88,521 still images and 9,173 videos....

http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2014/10/snappening-leaks-real-90k-photos-videos-content-explicit/

4
0
You don't have permission to post comments.

Opinion Articles

ExclusiveMaybe mobile phone tariffs aren't a rip-off after all

Mark Bridge writes:

Oh, those nasty mobile networks. They're robbing us blind… at least, that's what you might think if you've been reading the headlines this week.

Mobile users 'overpaying by £200', said the BBC. £5bn 'wasted' on mobile phone bills, said the Financial Times. It's the wrong tariff, Gromit!, said Telecom TV after hitting the Wensleydale.

ExclusiveThis week at The Fonecast: 9th April 2011

Mark Bridge writes:

We head into the weekend with the News of the World admitting voicemail hacking was more widespread than previously thought. Mobile networks had already made it much harder to access voicemail remotely… and now the NotW is saying sorry and preparing to pay compensation.

ExclusiveDemolition Man, meet the Apple iAd Gallery

Mark Bridge writes:

We all have guilty pleasures. One of mine is the sci-fi film Demolition Man. Sylvester Stallone is 20th-century police sergeant John Spartan, who finds himself fighting crime in 2032 alongside the delightful Lieutenant Lenina Huxley, played by Sandra Bullock.

ExclusiveThis week at The Fonecast: 3rd April 2011

Mark Bridge writes:

Welcome to this week's news summary from TheFonecast.com.

In Wednesday's podcast Iain joked that we ought to have a regular Olympics news story because everyone else was talking about the event constantly. Well, following the headlines about introducing WiFi to tube stations in time for London 2012 comes another Olympic news story.

RSS
First7677787981838485Last

Recent Podcasts

ExclusivePodcast from Mobile World Congress 2015

Mark Bridge learns about the mobile technology trends at Mobile World Congress 2015 by chatting to James Rosewell of 51Degrees, Dr Kevin Curran from the IEEE and Chris Millington of Doro.

They talk about wearable devices, wireless charging, mobile operating systems and much more... including some of their favourite products from the exhibition.

ExclusiveLooking back at February: from security scares to multiple MVNOs

We're taking a look back at the biggest mobile industry news stories from February 2015, including allegations that the UK's security service tried to breach SIM card security by hacking into one of the world's biggest SIM producers.

We also talk about the planned BT and EE merger, the creation of two new UK virtual networks, some acquisitions in the mobile payment arena and a new Ubuntu smartphone.

ExclusiveA month of mobile: O2 counts on 3, Microsoft counts to 10 and Apple counts its profits

We're back with a month of mobile industry news, including takeover talks and takeover rumours. O2 and Three are said to be discussing a merger... but is there any truth in the suggestions that BlackBerry could be up for grabs?

We also discuss Apple's record-breaking quarterly figures, the highlights of CES and the launch of Microsoft Windows 10, as well as saying farewell to the current version of Google Glass.

RSS
12345678910Last

Follow thefonecast.com

Archive Calendar

«May 2026»
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
27282930123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
1234567

Archive